We spend a lot of time selecting the right indoor furniture, beautiful items of display, the rugs and so forth. Somewhere along the way, the outdoor gets forgotten. Starting the day, with a cup of coffee in your hand and gazing at the clear skyline is sheer bliss, and a luxury that is easily within reach. Getting outdoor furniture is not the problem. Selecting furniture that is comfortable and sturdy is the tricky part. Outdoor Furniture Online Gold Coast has a wide range of gorgeous outdoor furniture and commercial timber furniture settings which are both durable and elegant.
So what should you look for when selecting outdoor furniture?
Outdoor furniture should be low on maintenance. If you are spending time cleaning, polishing and buffing up the furniture then you are not really going to do it and it will start to look drab. Not really what you planned for yourself. Right?
Understand the materials that make the furniture. Wood looks stunning, fits in with nature, is solid and durable. A number of companies offer well treated wood that is termite resistant.
- Cyprus wood is a stable wood and not prone to swelling or shrinking whenever there is a change in season.
- Ironbark furniture is low maintenance and tough. It is perfect for outdoor use. However it may not be resistant to rot.
- Teak on the other hand is resistant to rot, is impervious to all weather conditions, has a lovely feel and natural scent. The downside is that it is expensive. It is a one time investment but not for the faint of heart.
- Teak gets the number1 slot for it’s looks and finish. It develops a beautiful silver grey patina from exposure to the elements.
- Sonokeling possesses a unique quality of a wild colour range with beautifully marked irregular markings from deep purple brown, grey-reddish brown to reddish brown-black.
- Cyprus wood furniture can withstand the elements without a finish of any kind. So if you like the natural grainy look, then this is the right outdoor wood furniture for your lawn.
- Teak requires little or no maintenance and is resistant to weather changes.